Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Get Ready For A Ramble


So yesterday I got a bloody nose at work. I also fell down the stairs...yeah just like in the movies. I wonder if that made my status as a professional human being, ya know...go down??

So I am on my sofa nursing my pain (kidding but when you hear what movie I watched you will want to think I was only watching it because I was in pain) and I put Hitch in the DVD player.

I am not a Will Smith fan.

However, a good point was brought up. When it comes to relationships people feel like they need to have a plan. Why? Because if a guy just comes out and says, "I like you," many times it crashes and burns right on top of them. But when does a plan become manipulation? Isn't it a lie? I don't think it is but I wonder why people can't just be honest. Why the game?

My current relationship was never established upon a "game." (At least I don't think it was unless the BF is very savvy) But I guess in all relationships of life the "game" is based upon people giving what THEY think other people want.

Not sure where I am going with this...but I guess I just feel like I wish people, whether it be a boss, a boyfriend, a friend or a family member would not hold back anything and just be upfront and honest. In a parallel universe maybe...

I want to feel like I don't have to be somebody to everyone...but I want to feel like I am everything to someone. My mother? Father? Boyfriend? Friends? My dog maybe? Is it even possible? I guess I just want to make a difference in someone's life....for the good not the bad.

There are so many things I want to do with my life. I want to live in New York for a bit. I want to be a writer. I want to have children and be married. I want to do everything on my "list" (including jumping out of a plane, learning how to sail, and going on an African safari). I wonder if I can do it all.

I guess I am just feeling very introspective today...

Let's lighten up!

I got my hair done and I must say I look rather ravishing. This is a good look for me.

My new job has gotten me addicted to coffee. I am a different person without it now.

I got honked at three times on the drive home last night. I am still not sure if I was just looking hot or if I am a horrible driver.

I am not a geek. Yeah I am going to the midnight release of Harry Potter but I am not a geek!! I'm NOT!!!!!

My brother has moved closer to me. This makes me happy. He is only 30 minutes away now and walking distance from Cheesecake Factory. Double bonus.

Thought for the day....

If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence...what color is the fence?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're funny.
Here's my thought of the day...
"I slept and dreamed that life was beauty; I woke and found that life was duty".-Ellen S. Hooper

di said...

Girl, I hear ya on the game thing. I know that I want a friendship to build first before he starts making dinner appointments. I just think it should feel natural instead of forced, y'know? Like, when you meet a GIRL that you're sure to be friends with, do you not just hang out a few times before exchanging phone numbers and hanging out just the two of you? In my experience, it's always in a group setting and then it's all, "Ohmigod, I'm dying to see that movie! Let's go!" But with guys, it's like some checklist. 1) Get phone number 2) Call and make appointment for dinner 3) Purchase small gift of appreciation (I know, wishful thinking). I've had three guys that I had known for like, 10 minutes up and give me their number or ask for mine and I'm all, "Dude, I don't even KNOW you. I'm not going on an exclusive date with you." Eh, maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm paranoid. I'd just rather go on a date with someone that I'm EXCITED to go out with instead of, "Ah well, I guess I'm not really doing anything else." Maybe that's why I never have any dates......Huh. Funny that.

PS Woohoo on the Cheesecake Factory proximity! Yowza!