Saturday, July 01, 2006

Dogs Are People Too


The eldest of my three dogs, Nala, is very sick. They have yet to figure out what is wrong and she has been at the hospital since yesterday morning. I sat with her yesterday when I went to visit her and she actually took her paw and put it in my hand. So, of course, I started balling in front of everyone as the Vet told me the prognosis is "not good."

She got transfered to a specialty animal hospital, the best in Orange County so they could run some advanceddiagnostics. She has a lot of internal bleeding but if it is from a bacterial or viral infection they might be able to save her.

Otherwise we have to put her to sleep.

So....


Please give my baby some good vibes today. We need a miracle people!

For all you dog owners I know you understand. For those that are not, our dogs are like people too, they have personalities and they know how to love so being that I have had Nala more than half of my life...I am a complete mess.

Sorry to kill the cheery vibes here, I am just a mess.

Good Vibes to Nala !!!!!

Here is Hoping for a Miracle

11 comments:

twobuyfour said...

Here's wishing you both all the very best. Personally, I prefer cats, but I think the attachment is similar. One gets very connected with pets and absolutely wants them to be happy and healthy forever. I've cried over the loss of more than one pet.

Incidentally, "balled" and "bawled" have very different meanings. At least they do where I come from.

Rachel Heather said...

Two Buy Four - Thanks. I also love cats. THe post about my best friend has a picture of two cats and those are my kitties (Yes my parents house is a zoo)

as far as my typo - what can I say I am an emotional mess so freudian slips are bound to happen :)

Slim said...

Rachel-I'm so sorry, I know how hard that is. I've lost several dogs over the years, and I know what a gap remains in your heart when they leave. I always have a difficult time talking about it for years thereafter without 'bawling'. I'll send you and Nala all the good vibes I can muster (is that how you spell muster?)

And FYI: twobuyfour missed his calling, he should have been an editor. He LOVES correcting gramatical errors.

Anonymous said...

I know the pain of this situation. I don't know what your outcome will be, so whatever it may be I wish healing for you and all concerned.

CP said...

Sorry to hear about your dog. Perhaps she can sense your concern and good vibes. Here's hoping everything turns out ok.

Amy said...

They're praying for Nala at PV...
http://www.pugvillage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39579
I want her to make it through... what will we do without our bitchy little Nala???

Unknown said...

i hope all works out... thoughts and prayers to both of you... i went thru this last year with my parents oldest....

-J said...

Poor Nala. Poor Rachel. I hope they both feel better soon.

Keshi said...

Im so sorry to hear that awww...reminded me of my former cats/dogs and how sad I was when they got sick.

Sending some angel blessings to Nala...I'm sure she will recover soon and will be woof-woofing with joy and strength in no time!

Missed u Rach but Im bakk now...THANKS a ton for ur comments b4 I left.

Huggggggggz!
Keshi.

deepsat said...

My wishes for Nala to get well soon!! And you too cheer up, rachel!

Jim said...

OK Dogs are ppl too
and i give up

u win

wurghvtd
#$@!#$%@