Sunday, April 25, 2004

What am I supposed to say? What am I supposed to do?
I think what happened with Nir and Amy over the past few days was the straw that broke the camel's back. When we all went to see Kill Bill, I went ahead of time to get the tickets. THree of the tickets besides mine to be exact. Now to someone this might not seem like a big deal, but to me that is a shit load of money. Nir had said he would give me the money that night which was fine by me, I needed that money to buy food over the weekend since the mom and dad were going to Santa B. That night Nir only had his credit card so he said he would pay me later. Well that was ok with me as long as I got the money. It was a lot of money. I am really not tight with money. I am always happy to treat friends and stuff. But, almost 30 bucks worth of movie tickets for him, his girlfriend and his brother was not money I had to give at the time. Plus it was not my job to treat everyone to the movie. Especially since I might add Nir has a full time job and still lives at home. So the next day when my mom asked for the money back (oh I might add my mom gave me the money for the tickets) I told her he had not given it to me yet. She then left without giving me grocery money and told me to keep Nir's money for myself. So a week later I still did not have the money. I asked Amy for it and she said she would give it to me Friday since that was her payday. Fine by me. Next I know I am getting messages through Amy via IM that Nir does not appreciate a deadline and is very pissed off. WTF!?!?! It was not like he did not have the money and I did not see what the big deal was. So I get home from he movies Friday and there is a typed letter from Nir saying "I met your deadline." I was fuming. It was not about the money. It was about the principal of the situation. I am not stingy. I am broke. If I am going to spend money on a friend it would be on one friend for a movie or for a present or something. It was like I got used or something and it was not important to him. I should add he also said he did not want to make a "special trip" and would give me the money "whenever he saw me." What an ass. So my mom found the letter and was so pissed off she could not see straight. She went off about how he disrespected her and after all she had done for him to say those things was just wrong. See it is not about the money. It is about how he handled it and what he said. It was the final straw. And with Amy, the only way Nir could have gotten it into his head that I was the one that made the "deadline" for Friday was from her. They have just changed into mean people and Nir is not the person I used to love like a brother. So now my mom does not want him at the wedding much. This is fine I have a limited number of invites to give to friends and this just makes it easier to decide who to invite. Besides my brother had final say as to who I invite anyway. So they called a few times since then and I am not answering my phone. I am really not sure what I have to say. Things have been bad for a while and I hate to give up but how much more could I take? The weird thing is a I am not upset. I am happy right now and I don't think anything can change that. I am sort of indifferent.

No comments: